Not in order of importance, except that "the greatest of these is love"!
I "borrowed" #16 and #20 from one of my heroes, Jim Elliot.
Please consider these our "rules" for handbell choir,
and as such, they apply to me even more than they do to you.
I promise to do my best to live by them, and I would be thrilled
if you would make the same commitment. A handbell choir is like the body of Christ in that we need and rely on each other. Let's help each other be accountable and consistent in applying these lessons!
5. Be fair.
7. Clean up.
8. Never quit.
9. Work hard.
10. Be on time.
12. Say “I’m sorry.”
13. Respect others.
14. Be a good listener.
15. Never settle for “good enough.”
16. Wherever you are, be all there!
17. Never ruin an apology with an excuse.
18. Think of others more, of yourself less.
19. Never begin a sentence with “me” or “us.”
20. Answer to the Rudder, or answer to the rocks.
21. Choose wisely between what you want now and what you want MOST.